I have to share this... it is too brilliant to not. Her thoughts... her hate for stuff says it all.... exactly how i would love my house some days... Matt and i have a real issue with stuff just hanging around... the kids how ever... obviously see it as interior decorating skills... bra's hanging on bed posts, shoes not on their rack, school bags dumped at the front door... notes strewn across a perfectly clean, spotless, BARE bench.. BLEH.. not me... i see it... as annoyance..
My scrap room on the other hand... now... that is one place sacred that is allowed to have... stuff..
I have to say though, that i dont have photos on display, though it is something that i long for a moment or two in my ever growing list of "projects" to do... but minimilistic is definately the way to be.
anyway... This is written by Erica Glover... in my eyes... a genius in her thinking! ~L~
"I HATE STUFF. Especially piles of stuff. Paperwork, washing & folding, toys etc. You get the drift. I hate it. In my house, everything has it;s place and everything had better be put back in its place. Or else! Clutter terrifies me. I have nightmares about it. Seriously. So i throw things out. And i delete. A lot. Too much probably. If it hasn't been used in a while, it doesn't need to be in my home. Piling up, needing to be cleaned, or washed, or dusted, or put away, or replied to, or filed, or backed up. I am the ultimate deleter/disposer. I don't save emails. I don;t save documents. I don't save bags or boxes or receipts or mail. I hate stuff. Come into my home, open any drawer, open any cupboard, and what will you find? A whole lotta shelf! And maybe one or two items, or three or four. Neatly folded, just the way i like it. Sure, the kids follow me around, like a shadow undoing all that i do. But i persist. Clothes that haven;t fit in a while, toys that havenn;t been placyed with, things that are too dirty to clean, anything that doesn't make the cut turf turf turf. My kitchen bench is totally bare. No mil on the bench, no toaster nor kettle available for easy access, no photos or nik naks on display. Nothing on the windowsill. Nothing anywhere. I crave a clear head. But my life is hectic, I can't keep up no matter what i do. I am constantly chasing my tail, constantly playing catch up, constantly trying to keep my head above water and constantly failing. And failing sucks. So i delete, and i spring clean, and i remove anything that i possibly can that is unnecessary. If it doesn't fit properly, or it has a stain, or it doesn't match, give me any excuse and i will turf it. I know i am anal. I know i am a nightmare to live with and that there are far more important things in the world than a clean bench, a bare fridge and an empty inbox. I can't stop. I don't think i want to. I really hate stuff".
How many of you have ever wished your house to be so simple... so crisp, clean and fresh!?
I do... atleast daily.
Tuesday, July 17, 2007
Got her head screwed on straight...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
~L~ Peta and I are the complete opposite of that. I blogged some pics of the lounge right after Masters, and I'm still working my way through the piles. Wish it was organised, but it never quite turns out that way. I'm proud if I can throw one lil thing out!!
*laffin* Oh god...I see myself in that, but I am married to someone who can't throw ANYTHING out. *MSN face*
Wouldn't I love just LOVE to get in his "stuff" and start tossing! *laffs* I am not allowed to touch it. *thinks I would need rubber gloves and face masks anyway*
Oh the joys of retirement. *laffin*
*Hugs ya*
Love ya,
yes i want to be like that...but its just not me!!!!!
Post a Comment